Does the words “dental implant” sound familiar? It should to a lot of people—not just those who had dental implant in their mouth. And according to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, about 15 million people in the United States have bridge or crown replacements for teeth that are missing. Words will definitely get around. So, it would be safe to say that a greater percentage of the populations have heard about it and its unique and very efficient dental functions.
And though it is surgical, you might be surprised on how affordable dental implants are. But why do so many people have dental implants? It would be quite accurate to say that it is very efficient and also reliable. And it is the best option at the table for those with dental health complications—most times.
Here are some fascinating facts that you should know (if you do not) about dental implants:
1. The success rate of dental implant is high (above ninety percent). But there are some factors that needs to be considered or that affects the success rate—negatively or positively. Some of these factors are: the patient’s health and age, the expertise of the doctor, and so on.
2. You can chew and eat with dental implants properly. There is no discomfort of dental implants during eating process or other activities that has to do with your mouth.
3. The appearance of dental implants is just like natural teeth. You cannot tell the difference between dental implants and natural teeth in the mouth of someone who had the implants. And why it is very hard to tell is because they are customized to match your natural teeth making it blend in naturally with the rest of the teeth.
4. You can replace the root of your tooth with dental implants and it will function just the same. This is very impressive because it prevents the jawbone from rot. If there is no root of your tooth or teeth, it will start to lose density and mass, gradually. So, if the dental implants are placed in the root of the tooth or teeth, the jawbone will start to grow around the titanium rod as it would on a natural root of your teeth.
5. They are the easiest and most comfortable teeth replacement, if you are thinking long-term solutions to your dental complications.
6. You usually do not need to give dental implants extra care. The care required is the same as the natural teeth. What that means, obviously, is that you should brush your teeth twice daily and use dental floss before the brushing. That is all!
These are some of the impressive facts about dental implant that make them so popular today.