The use of Lasers in the Dental practice has been around for a long time. Our office has been using Dental Laser since 1992, performing many dental procedures. We find that Dental Lasers can be precise and very effective.
Benefits associated with Laser Dentistry:
- Some procedures may not require suture.
- Certain procedures do not require anesthesia; ex: Deep Cleanings.
- It minimizes bleeding, bacterial infections, and damage to surrounding tissue.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
Dentists using lasers in their practice have become adept at incorporating their State-of-the-Art technology into a number of common and not-so common Dental procedures.
Hard Tissue (Tooth)
- Cavity Detector
- Tooth/preparation/ Dental filling
- Tooth Sensitivity
Soft Tissue (Gum)
- Crown Lengthening Can reshape gum and bone to expose healthier tooth structure.
- Gummy Smile Reshapes Gum Tissue
- Frenectomy (Muscle Attachment) Limited tongue movement
- Soft Tissue Folds Suture-free removal of soft tissue fold
Advantages of Laser Dentistry
Dental Lasers may also be used to treat Cold Sores, Sleep Apnea, and Teeth Whitening. Lasers represent an innovated and more precise technology for specific soft & hard tissue treatments. If you choose a Laser Dentist, you may feel more comfortable and less anxious during your treatments.